[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] cut down on the # of outside chairs?

niki niki.shelley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:48:37 PST 2014

This also raises again for me the issue of moving furniture into the
building with the assumption that everyone is going to be fine with it and
not having anyone be accountable for it.

I think, out of respect for all of us who share this space, decisions about
how shared space is used should be made collectively - that's not to say
that we have to have a collective meeting any time someone brings something
into the space but that there should be a contact person for large items
brought into the space and if people have objections and it's collectively
agreed that the item should go, the contact person can be responsible for
removing the item(s) in question.

I personally feel frustrated by the suggestion that we should all just be
happy with whatever junk people want to drop off here. (Probably because I
have made lots of dump runs throwing away a not insignificant amount of
said junk.)

Love,

Niki