[sudo-discuss] Notes from Meeting With Potential Sudo Lawyer

Phil Wolff pwolff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:29:45 PST 2014

Is there a friendly 501c3 org that would let us operate under their tax
exempt status until we're incorporated and IRS-blessed? Six months to a
year?

I've seen this done properly elsewhere when new projects were starting and
were part of an ecosystem of more established orgs. The umbrella org has
the CPA and bank account for collecting grant money and other donations.
The "client" organization paid a tiny fee to the parent for processing. The
new org would describe themselves as "New Org, a project of Old Org, a
501(c)3 not-for-profit."

Phil Wolff

pwolff at gmail.com
skype:evanwolf