[sudo-discuss] Kapital & ideas (long posts), was Re: Sudo! Wanna co-host this surveillance event?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Feb 5 10:43:05 PST 2014

The problem with ideas is that they are a dime a dozen. There are many
brilliant ideas out there.

Implementing ideas, realizing them and getting buy-in are actually what
holds most people back.

In any given project there are a lot of people who talk, but very few
people who actually roll their sleeves up and get things done. I'm pretty
guilty of talking a lot! When was the last time I was at SudoRoom on a
clean-up day? (smile)

If you want to succeed you have to find a way to find people who actually
implement things and do things, and find a way to make these things happen
in a way that is as or more effective than capitalism's incentives.

I think Mass Effect is on the right track.

Message: 8