[sudo-discuss] hacker schools discussion

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Fri Feb 7 13:10:44 PST 2014

I know the people that run HackBright - it's legit, and they do place their
students in very well paying jobs. They have extremely competent
instructors. They are very selective about choosing the right people....

 but just as importantly, they market their students to Silicon Valley
Start-ups, and frequently take their students to networking dinners. that's
one of the key actions a hacker school must take, building relationships,
in order for their students to get good job offers.

   - Is a  government accreditation agency going to recognize that the
   networking component is crucial for such schools, justifying their costs?
   - Could a fly by night online education start-up make similar claims
   that their students get amazing salaries... but lack these crucial
   networking events?

Wow, googling "trade school fraud" opens up a whole can of worms:

   -
   http://wp.tradeschoolscams.com/gainful-employment-regs-its-up-to-the-states/

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com