[sudo-discuss] hacker schools discussion

David Rorex drorex at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:19:33 PST 2014

Some of the "hacker schools" are awesome, 99% of the students love them,
and some of them are basically scams. But they are all very expensive (eg
HackBright gets nearly universal acclaim, but it's $15,000 for an 8 week
class), and it's hard to tell which one is awesome and which one is a scam
just by looking at their websites. So some sort of oversight / regulation
is needed, but I'm not sure what the best way is. There's plenty of other
vocational schools (all those ones that promise to get you a high paying
job as a dental assistant or pharmacy technician or whatever) that are
mostly scams and yet are unaffected by the current regulatory framework in
place.