[sudo-discuss] SUDOregistry?

eddan.com eddan at sudoroom.tv
Tue Feb 18 14:49:45 PST 2014

I just wanted to chime in to thank everyone working on this, especially Jenny, for being so thoughtful and careful about these trade-offs between varying degrees of transparency and collaborative effectiveness. Sudo Room has been most exceptional in this regard throughout, even when it's been hard and when there've been no examples to follow.

I also wanted to add that I think there are also circumstances in which having a subset of people (from multi-stakeholder points of view, etc), be the trusted gatekeepers of these borderline cases of information sharing is the wisest course to maximize benefits for all. So long as the gatekeepers aren't and don't become choke-points without enough capacity to double-check and distribute oversight to affirm people's trust in the process.

In an earlier email, I had expressed concern that this would be funneled through only one person. Someone pointed out to me that its brevity made it come off as rude, and I apologize for that.