[sudo-discuss] Pi day donation

"Løng$hanks" longshanks at spaz.org
Wed Feb 19 13:41:06 PST 2014

Good morning,

I don't know a lot of the people on these lists since I'm intensely
antisocial & rarely attend parties, *but* I do volunteer regularly for
Volx Kuche---San Francisco's premier free dinner club + punk cabaret; see
www.vokusf.org for location & times. The first VK of next month falls on
Friday, March 14th, aka Pi Day. I have been enlisted to design a pi zine
for the occasion, which I am happy to do; in addition, I thought we might
serve pie for the event. What this idea lacks in originality, it will
surely make up for in delicious-ness. Stan-Oz suggested approaching
bakeries in the area for donations. I am willing to visit places in person
& request donations, give background on the event, etc., but in the
interest of saving time & effort, it makes sense to tap the community info
bank for suggestions beforehand. So, if you can suggest a bakery or other
local biz that may be amenable to donating pi---say, enough to serve 50 to
100 people---to a free, all-volunteer event such as "the People's
Kitchen," do please come at me w/ it. Ideally in San Francisco, as my
visits to the East Bay are infrequently made & frequently ridiculous. Of
course, we welcome the possibility of anyone else situated in Oakland or
elsewhere in the B.A. willing & able to drum up donations, as well.

Also, I would like to install a layout program such as InDesign or Scribus
on my laptop, & am rather lacking in funds. If you can read between these
lines & have help to offer, it will greatly facilitate our production of
the pi zinelet. Although it is entirely possible, & may in fact be fun, to
resort to the ancient cut-&-paste-by-hand method for the zine as well.

Thanks & have a flaky, golden, fruit-filled day.

+11+

http://blog.carneysandoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pi-day-exploratorium-dot-edu.jpg

--
Løng$h at nk$