[sudo-discuss] Who are East Bay hackerspaces for?

Maximilian Klein isalix at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:28:09 PDT 2014

In this last East bay express there was an article "Hacking local in
Hayward" about a new hackerspaces Hayhackers.  The article emphasizes their
young education aspects. Then a quote from Christina Depulta on other East
bay hackerspaces :

"they're either young singles or techies and software engineers or mothers
with children.  We wanted to have a space for everybody. "

Do you think this is a valid rubric for a hackerspace's demographic,  and
does sudo fit into one category? I wonder if having that kind of all
inclusive space is even a fantasy holy grail?

Just pondering the current state of our sudo-populous as we've now come to
be a reference point for new hackerspaces to judge themselves by.

@notconfusing