[sudo-discuss] Who are East Bay hackerspaces for?

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 18:50:37 PDT 2014

I believe that was a mis-attributed quote and was said by Carolyn Lunger of
Hay Hackers, rather than Christina Depulta.

I've interacted with Carolyn and her husband John on numerous occasions
since they started Hay Hackers. I believe the Hayward community is in
desperate need of communal creative space, demonstrated by the crew
currently organizing Hay Hackers. At this point, my understanding is that
their membership and supporters are especially concerned with accessibility
for families, since all-age participation is seen as a primary mode of life
for many residents of Hayward.

I think Carolyn is speaking from her experience at Sudo Room, Ace Monster
Toys, and Mothership Hackermoms. I also think it's true that those three
places (including sudo) do not have many members who incorporate the whole
family.

// Matt