[sudo-discuss] Things that happened at tonight's meeting

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:22:34 PDT 2014

* The landlord's rave plans for the 22nd are looking like a more
serious conflict than we thought. We floated the idea of postponing
this cleaning weekend to the 29th/30th, but haven't made a decision.

* On the next First Friday (April 4, 8pm-2am) we have the opportunity
to share the space with a fundraiser for TWAC, "Trans & Womyn's Action
Camp": https://twac.wordpress.com/  They'll have a pay-what-you-can
policy, it will be compatible with our values and with the open-house
component of First Friday. I think this is a great idea. Any
objections?

* The meeting included a lengthy section which began as conflict
resolution between Elliot and Xavier but became an issue of safe
space. I personally asked Xavier to leave at the end, which he did. He
says he will be back for his "three shelves of stuff" tomorrow. We
didn't have a quorum to ban him, but there was an informal
understanding that multiple people are uncomfortable with him, which
he seems at this time to be respecting.

Full notes here: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014-03-12