[sudo-discuss] shotspotter will be discontinued

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:00:26 PDT 2014

I think there are significant principles in here, maybe on everybody's mind
but not called out specifically: if data is made available to the public,
rather than made available only to the police, it's much more palatable. In
either case, it's important that individual privacy not be infringed beyond
some certain point. If all the data is public (and presented in a way that
is structured & useful to the public,not some PDF report) then it's easier
for everybody to see whether it is done in a way that respects individual
privacy in appropriate ways.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]] on the wiki