[sudo-discuss] shotspotter will be discontinued

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Mar 15 18:50:53 PDT 2014

Gabby, no one has suggested calling the police on anyone.  I am proposing
that we build a shotspotter system that locates the source of gunfire in
the city, and makes that information available to EVERYONE.  If the police
want to use that information to go fuck with people who are SHOOTING GUNS
IN THE CITY then i think that's fine.

Does that make it okay?  Or would you prefer that the information was
somehow made available to everyone except the police?  Because we wouldn't
want the mean nasty OPD going after nice friendly people shooting guns?

You still haven't answerd my question, what do you suggest people do about
people shooting guns in the city?  Do you think it's okay?  Will you at
least acknowledge that guns kill people and ruin lives?

-jake