[sudo-discuss] shotspotter will be discontinued

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Mar 15 19:18:27 PDT 2014

i never suggested video cameras.

and the city would never sign a contract like that.

i think providing the sound itself along with the location data is the
best way to differentiate the sounds.  but there are too many objections
to that for privacy reasons, and i don't think it could be workable
without the recording.

maybe gunshots aren't as big a problem as i thought.