[sudo-discuss] Anyone know of available housing/rooom

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:16:28 PDT 2014

Hi Liberty,

- A friend of mine may have a room, what is your budget? (you can email me
offlist)

- You cannot actually be compelled to move in a week. There are laws about
this sort of thing, and they are less in your favor if the homeowner /
landlord lives with you, but, they still can't do that. Neither can the
court compel the your landlord/homeowner to vacate, even if you got a 3 day
notice you can easily contest it which will push it back many weeks if not
months. Add to this the fact it will take at least 2 months to close on the
house, even if they sold it tomorrow. I think any bank or lawyer familiar
with real estate law knows this stuff, so the mom shouldn't be
pressured/bullied, nor should you by either of them, imo. If you have
questions you might contact the Eviction Defense Collaborative (free
consultations.)

Best,
David