[sudo-discuss] Anyone know of available housing/rooom

Raymond Lai raymond.wm.lai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:02:38 PDT 2014

That's rather unfortunate. :(

I have found a lovely spot in Berkeley for myself and Atom & Iris. :) So
finding a great spot even with bad credit is very doable.

Like with all things, being prepared is key. When I'm looking for a rental
space, I bring the following to the showing:

   - a Letter of Introduction (Like a cover letter. This should give a
   general introduction, what you are looking for in a rental, what kind of
   ideal tenant you are, and how long you are looking to rent)
   - my Rental History
   - a list of Professional References and Personal References (It would be
   great to get a reference from your last landlord)
   - and my credit score (I'd include my credit report but it's just a tad
   too embarrassing)

If you really like a space be prepared to write a check on the spot. I have
had prime locations rented out from underneath me by a more prepared
applicant who signed a whole years worth of rent (who can compete with
that?!?)

I have also paid a "finders fee" to a landlord or renting agent. This is in
essence a bribe but this tactic has gotten me a great apartment in SF when
the inventory was less than 1%.

Good Luck, Liberty!

Ray