[sudo-discuss] Important Sudo meeting tonight

Yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:14:21 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Marina Kukso <marina.kukso at gmail.com> wrote:
> would someone be willing to catch the list up on what the current situation
> is with the omni and what needs to be discussed and/or decided tonight?

Sorry for the late reply!

There has been a growing consensus that Omni things should move faster
than originally planned. At this meeting, we ratified and affirmed the
consensus that has been called for repeatedly over the past few weeks:

* We affirmed our commitment to the Omni project
* In particular, we committed to paying our first/last/deposit to the
Omni project
* Finally, we decided that should happen sooner than May 15 (the date
suggested last week)

We did this all with a keen mindfulness towards the process. It was a
difficult discussion, but we took into account the text of our
articles, all previous conversations in the community, and our human
understanding of the situation. We concluded that not only was last
night's meeting empowered to make this decision, but it was pressing.
The votes were unanimous, with quorums of 12-15 voting members (some
people left partway through).

Please note this doesn't commit us to particular details or
arrangements, only our confidence that those will be worked out. There
is still a lot more to decide, particularly with Counter Culture Labs
at our unconference/hackathon/thingamabob this weekend, which everyone
interested should attend. :)