[sudo-discuss] lulzbot TAZ 3d printer is dead

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Thu May 1 19:21:13 PDT 2014

i have to disagree on that assessment - if it's under closed loop control, it should be shut off once it reaches a certain temperature well below failure temp.  if the thermistor reading is lagged significantly behind the temperature of the heating element then it will ramp up past the high temp each cycle for a period of time even with the thermistor functioning perfectly.  not sure on conductivity of jb weld but i'd bet a 6 that pack thermal grease (either 'arctic cool' type or lithium grease) will solve the problem.