[sudo-discuss] Oakland gentrification is very well planned & executed

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Sun May 11 10:43:36 PDT 2014

Quick point - you guys know that it was the housing market crash (sudden
DECREASE in home values) that set off waves of foreclosures, right?

In other words, suppose you're in one of these loans. You realized what is
about to happen to you ("FUCK! I can't afford the mortgage after reset!)
let's look at two scenereos:

Scenereo one: the value of your house has increased since you purchased it
two years ago. The house is worth more than you owe on it, and there are
many buyers interested in buying homes like yours in your area.

Scenereo two: the value of your home has decreased since you purchased it
two years ago. The house is worth less than you owe on it, and there are
very few people interested in buying homes like yours in your area.

Which scenero is better for you? What do you do in each scenereo?