[sudo-discuss] The Flight Deck opening, panel on co-working - sudo representative?

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:35:21 PDT 2014

Hey all,

See this opening festival schedule:
http://www.theflightdeck.org/blog/the-flight-deck-opening-festival-schedule

This week I spoke with Trevor runs the co-working space Oakstop down on
18th and Broadway. He was invited to join a panel about co-working on
Tuesday June 10th for the opening festival of http://theflightdeck.org/. He
mentioned the organizers wanted to get in touch with other co-working
spaces in the area for that panel.

I put Trevor in touch with Anca from Tech Liminal. However, I wanted to
reach out to the sudo room community since Trevor offered that he'd connect
us with the organizers of this event about having a sudo room
representative on the panel.

Hub Oakland is also going to be on the panel, and the panel itself seems to
be advertised at an attendance fee. I presume the fee contribute to
proceeds for The Flight Deck, which /is/ a non-profit.

What do ya'll think? I was offered to join the panel, but I think we could
send any one of us once we're put in touch with the panel organizers and if
we'd like to.

I thought it could be good to show that balance of the types of spaces that
folks /do/ creative work at in Oakland, and especially downtown.

// Matt