[sudo-discuss] The Flight Deck opening, panel on co-working - sudo representative?

Andrew andrew at roshambomedia.com
Thu May 22 16:27:02 PDT 2014

Awesome, I've never heard of The Flight Deck before. It's interesting that
it's a co-working space with a 99 seat theater... sounds like a space I
know with that is going to have a hacker space and a ballroom/theater ;-)

The Flight Deck people would be good people to get to know.

That's my 2c.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> See this opening festival schedule:
> http://www.theflightdeck.org/blog/the-flight-deck-opening-festival-schedule
>
> This week I spoke with Trevor runs the co-working space Oakstop down on
> 18th and Broadway. He was invited to join a panel about co-working on
> Tuesday June 10th for the opening festival of http://theflightdeck.org/.
> He mentioned the organizers wanted to get in touch with other co-working
> spaces in the area for that panel.
>
> I put Trevor in touch with Anca from Tech Liminal. However, I wanted to
> reach out to the sudo room community since Trevor offered that he'd connect
> us with the organizers of this event about having a sudo room
> representative on the panel.
>
> Hub Oakland is also going to be on the panel, and the panel itself seems
> to be advertised at an attendance fee. I presume the fee contribute to
> proceeds for The Flight Deck, which /is/ a non-profit.
>
> What do ya'll think? I was offered to join the panel, but I think we could
> send any one of us once we're put in touch with the panel organizers and if
> we'd like to.
>
> I thought it could be good to show that balance of the types of spaces
> that folks /do/ creative work at in Oakland, and especially downtown.
>
> // Matt

-------
Andrew Lowe
Cell: 831-332-2507