[sudo-discuss] [sudo-board] Eventually, want to hand-off Treasurer position.

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 21:49:51 PDT 2014

In this case, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong someone) we would need the
Board of Responsibility and Little Power to acknowledge an official
"treasurer" for corporate-status and tax purposes. It would be prudent to
schedule some point in the near future to perhaps convene and take care of
this and any other formalities that comprise the "Responsibility" part of
the board's title.

Additionally, note that anyone can indeed play the role or wear the hat of
"exchequer" at any time as one of the "Sudo Functionaries":

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Section_2.2_Sudo_Functionaries

"
As a collective, functionary positions are voluntary roles taken on by
willing members and intended to change regularly. No person may hold more
than one position simultaneously, unless permitted by *sudo room*. Any
member of sudoroom may perform any of the functions of any of the
Functionaries, but the Functionaries are expected to perform their duties
regularly and must perform them if no one else can or will. Any
Functionaries can voluntarily cede the role to another member any time, and
is replaced if another member is voted into the function by a simple
majority vote.
[...]

   - Exchequer
      - Presents the budget during meetings, as articulated in the budget
      process below.
      - Coordinates with Scribe to ensure budget-related information is
      accurate and available to all members.
      - Co-facilitates (with the Facilitator) the budget process below.

"

// Matt