[sudo-discuss] Media Alliance event on Oct 19 in the basement? Need point person

Danny Spitzberg stationaery at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:36:46 PDT 2014

Hey all,

the Omni ballroom working group got a request for a 6–8pm meeting by the
Media Alliance on Sunday, Oct 19.

That's the same evening as the Naomi Klein event, but because they are
merely meeting to talk and maybe watch a short video with an estimated
35-50 people in attendance, I think they might be able to fit in the
basement comfortably.

Here's everything submitted:

Timestamp: 9/20/2014 22:40:59
Contact: Tracy Rosenberg, Media Alliance
tracy at media-alliance.org
510-684-6853
Name of Event: Bay Area Civil Liberties Coalition Open Meeting
works on local and regional responses to mass blanket surveillance by
government and law enforcement. This is an open meeting to launch projects
and we will screen a 30 minute documentary film.
Estimated attendance: 35-50
Start/end time: 10/19/2014 18:00:00–10/19/2014 20:00:00
Public event, free, currently not sponsored by an Omni member group

I sent Tracy a very brief email saying "We're reviewing this request and
will respond to you this week."

Might Sudo be open to sponsoring this event?

If so, can someone volunteer to liaise with Tracy to make it happen...
noting the ballroom is unavailable, so most likely, in the basement?

thanks,
warmly,
Danny