[sudo-discuss] Lost Sudoer Found on 2141 Broadway Roof After 300 Days of Bewilderment

Maximilian Klein isalix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:53:35 PDT 2015

>From the Oakland Tribune this morning:

"
The Hacker, who can only remember their identify by a bracelet reading
"m3g4h347", descended from the old Sudo Room roof, to an empty common space
wondering were every was.

"I'd just gone upstairs for a nap before the next Bay Area public school
Latin Catechism, and the next thing I knew everybody was gone," said the
extremely sunburned interviewee. Popping open their ThinkPad, and seeing
their 3,689 unread emails on the sudo-discuss list, they realized something
was very, very wrong. "I saw a lot of mentions of 'the Omni', but I just
took that to be some sort of spiritual outgrowth of the Kopimists. You
know, like 'we've transcended', 'we're going to that great data-center in
the sky', 'we're going to the Omni'. I think I saw reference to 'the Omni'
in the 1995 classic Hackers, I'm pretty sure Angelina mentions it once in
there."

Speculating on what could have caused such a slumber, m3g4h347 seems to
think some science went awry. "Last thing I know I was cleaning some sort
of neon substance off the sudoshrooms, I did feel a bit lightheaded from
the spore intake, that's why I went to the roof in the first place." After
having tripped out a bit, the hacker was trapped in a dream/nightmare of
answering the intercom and dealing with the landlord, but eventually
reawoke almost a year later when they were hit with a bag of recycling that
was flung from the lower level.

M3g4h347 will rejoin next meeting on a fact finding mission to determine
just who exactly neglected their mycological duties for so long, and to
update openSSL on their server having only just now found out about
heartbleed. "How did you let things get so bad in my absence?"
"

Make a great day,
Max Klein ‽ http://notconfusing.com/