[sudo-discuss] 4/8 Meeting Notes

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 21:09:05 PDT 2015

Recorded for posterity at:
https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2015-04-08

Sudoroom Meeting April 8, 2015

=Intros=
* remote-jenny
* ryan
* juul
* wrought
* st. nic
* rachel
* elliot
Icebreaker: What have you broken recently? (the question is also broken)
* Juul: I broke a server. It was bad. :)
* Adam: I broke my self confidence again
**ryan: aw
* ryan: i managed to break one of the childproof pill bottle, apparently
if you break them, they're not childproof anymore :)
* rachel: i broke a cup. but there are other cups
* remote-jenny: i broke up a shitton of great potting soil this morning
and dumped it in a garden bed :))
* Matt: my patience is broken
* Sean F: the last thing i remember breaking was a my lock, i lost my
key and i had to break it to get into my backpack
* elliot: i broke a nail :) that hurt :(
* jebari (opal): probably the last thing i broke was a promise, i know
that's kinda vague, but...
**ryan: i was waiting for someone to say it
* joel (late arrival): I broke the external battery charger for my cell
phone
* ben (late arrival):

=Announcements=
?

= Conflict updates =

==Rayc==
* Ryan (mediator between rayc): rayc has not contacted Ryan.

==Nic==
*Elliot does not want to share space with him, non-engagement with
st.nic, would like the SSP to be enforced w/ the language he's used and
people he's hurt in the space
* juul: you are willing to do mediation as long as you don't have to
meet with him in person?
* elliot: yes, and with the temporary band that that mediation is done
offsite,
* matt: both people off-site?
* elliot: it's my understandin that he's banned pending mediation
* matt: it's not ambiguous, it's exactly what's happening, they're
banned during mediation
* rachel: here here

==Doc==
*Rachel: Doc has not contacted and did not show up last time, but I was
15m late, though I notified people. I think it's worth calling, but the
longer the more time there is to process and grow before going through
with mediation. I will call again
*elliot.....
*matt: i think this is heresay and we should discuss it at the
appropriate time
*rachel: agreed
*juul: okay
* Does Doc have a Conflict Steward? We really need to have both roles
filled. The Steward ensures conflict mediation meetings happen and that
they're documented, and helps give updates
* Not yet, does anyone volunteer?

==Darin and Elliot==
* Joe from FnB is mediating (this is not a sudo conflict).
* Who is conflict steward? Helen?

==Kwe and Darin==
* not a sudo conflict
* juul is mediating
* matt is conflict steward

=Finances=
* $461.10/wk on Gratipay (needs to be $625 minimum)
* $1,614.64 in Internet Credit Union acct
* Rent has been paid for April, $184.27
* does everyone need to consent on a < $30 legal fees for taxes to get
cleaned up?
** we don't have quorum but yeah: go ahead (juul)
** i don't think so, your call exchequer (juul)

==Gratipay/IACU Issue==
* No deposits received for the month of March: 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26

=Sudo Proposals=

==Fundraiser party, already!!==
* Suggested dates: May 1 (in tandem with SPAZ soundsystem in the
basement and First Friday art in the ballroom [no performance planned
though, we could do an open mic / 5 minutes of fame type of thing]) -
sorry am now discussing the front desk proposal below
* everyone: we should have it in actual sudo room, not ballroom
* ryan: I can write an invitation
* juul: we should request both cash donations and donations of time in
the next two weeks to help with renovation/construction
* hightechpyro at gmail.com has a canon pixma pro something printer than
can print on thick things like tiles. If anyone wants to make things for
the fundraiser, contact him!
* Ryan suggests getting stickers for sudo and using the printer to make
coasters.
* 15th is deadline for party planning: https://pad.riseup.net/p/partypad
** FUCK YEAH PARTYPAD!!1

==Sudo Proposal: Buy Stickers==
* Get design from: https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Logo
* Responsibilibuddy :P - Jenny/juul

=Omni Proposals=

== Discussion of proposed mural designs ==
* General feedback discussion, remaining sensitive to everyone involved,
not rushing the process.
* Links / References for potential improvements:
** Possible to use brighter tones of the same/similar colors?
*** e.g. refer to Tom Killion style (japanese coloring technique):
http://tomkillion.com/gallery/show?keyword=tam

==Front Door Station Proposal==
* pad.riseup.net/p/omninom - rachel -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8a4XV1TCQ8XTk5ra1RmY2tkWVhlUnVfZzBJVi1YX2dUZGZ3/view?usp=sharing
** this is being rerouted to a preliminary conversation between
Welcoming Committee and La Commune. it has been removed from the pad as
it was not consensed to be there by Welcoming WG. - jenny
**okay, everyone in welcoming seemed all behind do-acratically doing it,
Niki at first, but then she alerted me to la commune's concerns
** i for one am totally behind it, that's not the point. we should
operate by full consensus whenever possible, and bring things to
delegates for consensus once it's fully vetted.
**to work with la commune before posting it to the meeting?
** yeah! i just sent an email with your proposal to welcoming and la
commune folks <3
**yeah, i wanted to send it to delegates for that reason, but you're
totes right, this is smooter and specifically respectful
** btw i love that you made a fucking sketchup model ;)
**thanks :)

==New Members==
* https://sudoroom.org/membership
* See emails to members

=Action Items=
* See partypad :)
* Need conflict steward for Doc, Darin(omni not sudo),
** Doc and Darin or Elliot need to email mediation at omnicommons.org, can
optionally suggest a preferred steward (they are not obligated to commit)
* get taxes cleaned up
* remove Newbie Night - jenny - just edited it to end today (4/8)

--

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net

-Laurie Anderson