[sudo-discuss] 3D printing my MRI ... scraps of something getting started

J Clark hello at sl-co.com
Thu Apr 16 16:58:55 PDT 2015

That's what they're after too--global when possible, open
standards/commons framework required. Holding the health care
conversation exclusively between the providers and the insurance co's
&/or gov, without any patient involvement, is a bad practice on so MANY
levels.

One of the main folks working on this is Adrian Gropper at
http://healthurl.com/ -- there are also several folks interested in the
VA specifically (largest medical database in the world? also one of the
most dysfunctional systems), but their sites/work isn't at my
fingertips. Also related is ProjectVRM.org and several others: Kantara
Initiative and Identity Commons are doing work at different levels (from
deep tech to notice and consent protocols). I'm sure there are more.

  j.

P.S. Non-medical-related: there are folks also working to disrupt the
real estate broker industry, the information brokerage industry, the
marketing industry, and more. If anyone has a thorn, I'm happy to
connect you.