[sudo-discuss] something "for kids"

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Mon Aug 3 11:43:50 PDT 2015

would anyone be interested in doing something "for kids" or people who are
most likely 1x visitors?

this is a large swathe of the public - a lot of cool people are simply
curious about hackerspaces, but many who visit are probably just going to
drop by, look at something cool like a raspberry pi or a 3d print out and
then never come back again

for donations etc. it would be cool to just make special projects just for
these people and schedule "visiting sudoroom" day

maybe from this group we could harvest repeat visitors, but most likely we
won't

i think stuff that would qualify would be:

   - arduino music projects
   - raspberry pi proejcts
   - anythignt od o with kids - "gardening with kids", "learning to make
   games with kids", "kids making artificial kids", "artificial intelligence
   with kids", "kids creating mind control objects for parents"
   - something with a lilypad
   - a 3d printing project that's easy

These 1x visitor kits should come in attractive boxes that are clean, and
when they visit the space should be tidied up a bit

i think we should probably do something like this once a quarter. it would
be probably better than a party, or should be coordinated with a party..

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com