[sudo-discuss] sudoroom is looking awesome lately

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Mon Aug 10 14:16:57 PDT 2015

https://sudoroom.org/blog/

the past 2 weeks have been quite energizing, and every time I see what's
going on at SudoRoom I'm really excited

what's really nice with the things going on lately, especially the
CyberWizard project, is that it's teaching and showing people how to do
stuff in a unique way.

*even though there are quite a few women in our space, we aren't
trivilialized, and the women aren't railroaded into working on projects for
children or motherhood projects or stuff involving charity work for the
needy.* it's often hard to tell if a project is initiated by a man or a
woman.

 when i do talk to women at SudoRoom i get to see them as people first, not
mother or wives, or someone's girlfriend, and to be frank, that's really
hard to come by in the technology culture.

the men are just as likely to do art as the women. and the men are just as
likely to clean as the women or sew, which is really nice.

we still have a ways to go, but i'm very grateful sudoroom is so awesome
and that they tolerate people like me who are different.

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com