[sudo-discuss] [CCL] Drinks and snacks fridge

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Aug 17 06:12:29 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Patrik D'haeseleer <patrikd at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Excellent! Thanks so much for setting this up, Marc.
>
> Can I put in a request for unsweetened Guayaki?

Ok, will try to get some.

> And since you have a wholesale account, we may also want to draft a
> message for them that some of us would prefer they NOT label their drinks
> as GMO-free. I don't expect that it'll change their mind, but they should
> at least hear the opposite message every once in a while. :-)

Honestly, given where the GMOs come from I'm not sure I can really blame
them, though it'd be nice if they could call it "Monsanto free" instead.
Also I'm not sure no labeling would be an improvement over the GMO-free
labeling. We'll just have to come up with our own "Ethical GMO" labeling.

> There's a few safe non-food items we might want to keep in the fridge as
> well. Packets of Sugru come to mind - shelf life is doubled if you keep it
> cold.
>
> Is anyone still working on the vending machines as well, or are those
> going to be largely redundant now that we have a fridge instead?

We're still working on the vending machines. The circuit board has been
designed and manufactured and most of the software has been written.
They've just taken a back-seat to membership management and door access
integration, but one of them is probably one or two late-night hackathons
away from functional. The vending machines aren't cooled and I think they
will mostly be used for non-food items (with some snacks mixed in). I want
to move one of them to either ballroom or basement though.

--
marc/juul