[sudo-discuss] Free Nexus 4 phone for someone in need or hacking project

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Aug 28 17:41:16 PDT 2015

the Nexus 4 hardware supports USB OTG (when the phone pretends to be a USB
host so you can plug in a mouse or USB disk, etc.)  BUT the hardware does
not supply 5V out from the jack - so USB OTG is not implemented.

However, there is a version of the cyanogenmod kernel compiled with USB
OTG support, and if you get that, and use (or create) a special three-way
cable (to get 5V from a USB battery thing) you can do USB OTG stuff with
it.

-jake