[sudo-discuss] [sudo-info] GoDaddy Renewal Notice

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Sat Aug 29 20:30:46 PDT 2015

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 19:05:19 -0700
Devin Chalmers <devin at doormouse.org> wrote:

> I’ve registered and maintained a lot of domains and transferring
> registrars is not trivial on the best days. IMO our best/least likely
> to wreck plain is this—
>
> 1. Before expiration in November, regain control of the name in
> GoDaddy:
>   - Pester register person some more
>   - At the same time, begin sending any documentation of our
> legitness to GoDaddy: a written recognition of “sudoroom” as a legal
> entity which is us (DBA etc.) would be a good place to start, if it
> already exists.
>   - Try and guess the password, social engineering, etc. (ha ha, just
> kidding)

The thing I'm confused about is that whois says the domain is
registered to info at sudoroom.org...

Registrant ID:CR98040410
Registrant Name:Sudo Room
Registrant Organization:Sudoroom
Registrant Street: 2141 Broadway
Registrant City:Oakland
Registrant State/Province:California
Registrant Postal Code:94607
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.5108587145
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:info at sudoroom.org

Could it be as simple as recovering the godaddy account password
associated with info at sudoroom.org, and then renewing and subsequently
moving to Gandi or someone else reasonable?
--
Charley Sheets