[sudo-discuss] We all go through this

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Jul 1 13:55:11 PDT 2015

Adam

We all go through these issues. We've all been there

I attempted to work on a children health eating idea a few years ago.
I was was also burned out

Engineers don't immediately respect you if you look like a young girl despite years of experience ; having money is so important ;
People give advice but it's not always correct; there are lots of cool people who who'll help you ;
Start up events are important but you must prioritize ; you'll meet a lot of people but it's important to filter politely ; this stuff is hard; if people find out you're working on a Health App they'll aggressively push 1500 calorie greasy burritos on you;

Unfortunately there are a lot of cultural forces at play ; companies do not really make money when people eat less and get healthy ; most major health problems can be solved in the U.S. By avoiding most processed and fast foods not by buying more healthy food ; exercise doesn't really make you that much healthier compared to avoiding most snacks and standard American diet

Like Marc said take notes. Usually most of your thoughts are wrong often you're right

I came out of it learning how to code, avoiding making html 5 apps, lost a marriage, a boyfriend, still nearly bankrupt but I learned a lot!

Sent from my iPhone