[sudo-discuss] [CCL] Free Scanning Electron Microscope in Pleasanton! (was Fwd: [Microscopy] viaWWW:SMI3200 FIB system looking for a good home)

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:39:35 PDT 2015

DOH! Thank Nathan - that would be a huge difference. I got fooled by the
fact that the several listings on caeonline.com all call it a FIB SEM
system:

http://www.caeonline.com/listing/product/9095358/seiko-smi-3200
http://www.caeonline.com/listing/product/67711/seiko-smi-3200
http://www.caeonline.com/listing/product/9025735/seiko-smi-3200

Don't these things usually allow some secondary electron imaging as well
though?

If it doesn't have any imaging capabilities, I doubt that we would want
this beast. Would be good to check this with the owner though...

Patrik