[sudo-discuss] What I did at Sudoroom yesterday

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun Jul 26 08:54:53 PDT 2015

I spent the afternoon getting the basics of node down .. I've reviewed it and even worked on it at work but I just sat down and reviewed everything using a treehouse video node js course that comes gratis with my sf public library membership

It took a few hours in between errands. There were people there it was nice to talk and even music

I used a spare cheap monitor to learn: wish I did that earlier ! We have dozens of monitors on the wall!! It's useful for learning with online video !

By studying the right way I got the basics down which saves time for later

The exercise had me building a simple node website modifying js to find information about student status and building a template website system

It's cool there are so many node people at Sudoroom . I'm normally a mobile Programmer on iOS so I don't usually touch website sfuff

I forked q basic Virtual Dom Code branch from Substack to Learn more

I'd like to use this info to build an open source web interface for my women who code project : it's a database of cool female film directors and films that pass the bechdel test

Later id like to push out some open source web & mobile projects . It's easier than it used to be

I try to combine art with code so i drew a cat in JavaScript forest