[sudo-discuss] Person with electric repair knowledge needed

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:09:15 PDT 2015

Location:
Second floor computer area.

Issue:
HP Switch at the second floor turns off, often.

Temporary Correction:
Push the extension cable connector into the outlet (under the table) and it
will turn back on.

Situation:
This regular issue can be annoying to the end user, due that computers will
loose internet connection.
Marc J. mentioned that perhaps power for the switch should come from the
light fixture nearby, and remove the extension cord that is currently
feeding the switch.
Matt S. also had similar experience, he mentioned to me last week.

Call:
Can someone with electricity knowledge go there and check/fix the situation?

Additional Note:

I have not swap switches to make sure that is not the switch.

I suggest that if the main switch in the server area is Cisco, so then to
have same maker at the second floor. Just to have same routing protocols
between the two.

Also, I recall that several months ago I cleaned up the configuration of a
couple of Cisco switches and they are stored in the two post switch rack in
the server area. Feel free to take one of them, if needed.

Many thanks in advance, and please reply to this list if you will/worked on
this ticket. :)

Daniel

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate