[sudo-discuss] one-time donations via Stripe on sudoroom.org

Karissa McKelvey karissa.mckelvey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:27:14 PDT 2015

I had a problem installing stripe before -- they're a little finicky on how
you use their tools. They don't version their checkout.js, and they force
you to use the one on their CDN, so if they accidentally break the API
(which can happen) your payments will miss.

I wouldn't recommend using stripe.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> does anyone know how to edit the Support Us! thing on the left side of
> http://sudoroom.org ?
>
> i want to add support for a one-time donation through stripe.  I am told
> it is something like this:
>
> https://stripe.com/blog/stripe-checkout
>
> of course it would need to be a locked link, so nobody can change it and
> redirect donations toward themselves.. and I don't know how access control
> works.
>
> I also don't know anything about how to actually install this function or
> any function into a webpage.  I have no idea what i'm doing.
>
> does anyone reading this list know how to set up one-time donations on our
> webpage?  Can we do that now?  Is there anything i can do to help?
>
> thank you!
> -jake

Karissa McKelvey
karissamck.com

Dat dat-data.com
U.S Open Data usopendata.org
Debt Collective debtcollective.org
Taskforce taskforce.is
Brass Liberation Orchestra brassliberation.org