[sudo-discuss] Does this strike you as anti-intellectualism

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:39:13 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:51 AM, <sonja.trauss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Besides bumming me out because its hostile, it also scares me a little. You guys know some of these people better, what is going on?
>
> Eric Fischer (@enf)
> 6/16/15, 9:08 AM
> The redacted words are "autistic sociopath." Sounds like general backlash, not entirely gentrification or buses? pic.twitter.com/eoIECW9Bp4

We hosted their event. One Omni person was bottom lining it, but
didn't read the full poster before approving. Another Omni person saw
the posters and do-o-cratically crossed out the word "autistic". Then
we asked the organizers to correct all their flyers, which they
apparently did.

Our community has no love for Google, gentrification, OR for ableism.
We are sorry to have our name associated with any of those things.

"Anti-intellectualism" is just a cheap shot which portrays tech
workers as intellectual and everyone else as stupid. This is an
economic issue. You should know better.