[sudo-discuss] Does this strike you as anti-intellectualism

Sonja Trauss sonja.trauss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:01:36 PDT 2015

It doesn't imply that at all. That's actually the question I'm asking -
what am I supposed to make of this generalized hostility to "google
employees" as if they are a clearly separated social world from the Omni et
all, and not one area of the web of overlapping tech/ engineering/ hacking
social worlds? "tech" is a big world stretching from Noisebridge and sudo
room to the university CS departments. People work for themselves and for
companies, start ups get swallowed up by bigger start ups ... I do not
think it is a mere coincidence that the metro area that contains the
country's biggest tech companies also contains the most hackerspaces. It
looks like it's all part of the same phenomenon.