[sudo-discuss] SUDO Door

Dustin Mabry mabry.dustin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:49:44 PDT 2015

Hey folks!

I, Dusty, and Anka have been putting in some time with the door to SUDO and
CCL. We have reached a point were it is important to get information/input
from you...as we can't proceed with this project without it.

*The basic needs for this door:*

- The door needs to sweep/open outward, toward the main exits of the
building. As such it needs to be "hanged" in a way opposite of it's current
(now former) position.

- There needs to be a "panic bar" installed along with a nice "door
closer". We have the door closer and a panic bar. The panic bar as selected
by Marc (who knows more about this stuff than Anka and myself).

*Needed from SUDO/CCL folks:*

- In order to re-hang this door, we need to figure out how the panic bar
will work with the existing door frame.

- We need to have folks from SUDO relay information about, or instal
(preferred), a panic bar system that will work with whatever electronic
entrance mechanism you will want for your space.

A note on Labor:

Anka and myself, Dusty, are working with doors throughout the building. We
are learning as we go and I feel that it's much slower than I anticipated.
Each door in this place is different and most are quite wonky. I will be
out of town for the month of July...and subsequently unable to work on this
project until my return in August.

We want you to have a great door for your space, and we want it to be
exactly what you want. :).  Can SUDO folks take this issue to a meeting and
have it discussed (if appropriate)?

Thanks!
Dusty