[sudo-discuss] Come join us for Bio Arts & Crafts in CCL this Saturday!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:04:13 PDT 2015

Join fellow bio-artists and makers for an afternoon of science nerd arts &
crafts at Counter Culture Labs
<http://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/events/222476592/>. We'll have
some pigmented bacteria and Petri dishes to get creative with, spare lab
plastic and glassware to attack with a glue gun, clear resin to embed
things into, and much more. No prior experience required, but make sure to
bring your creativity!

Come get that whole left-brain/right-brain in a twist. Let's generate and
exchange ideas as we begin to create a bio-art community in the East Bay.
Feel free to bring some extra materials and snacks for yourself and/or to
share.

Check out the fun we had last time we did a Bio+Art session
<http://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/photos/19759082/>!

Co-hosted by scientist/maker Jun Axup from SciCouture
<http://scicouture.com/>, and local artist Tracy Jacobs from FunkyAutomata
<http://funkyautomata.com/>.

Possible projects include building virus models from laboratory materials,
playing with optics, making Petri dish necklaces, and more...

Please register through our Meetup page
<http://www.meetup.com/Counter-Culture-Labs/events/222476592/>, so we know
how many people to expect.

Patrik