[sudo-discuss] Rannette attacked someone physically for the second time

Ryan yandoryn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:49:36 PDT 2015

Let's be clear.

You went into a space where many people were listening to and enjoying loud
music. You then snapped at me to turn it down (which I did... three times)
and were extremely aggressive in doing so. There were many other places you
could have been if you were in pain. Your aggression was to the point that
I had to remove myself and decompress with other people.

In fact, you went into a space that is specifically a space where loud
noises, including woodworking, metalworking, giant robots working, and loud
music, expecting that everyone would accommodate your headache. That's not
reasonable. If you want to be somewhere that's more headache friendly, you
could have gone into La Commune, the mezzanine, or the treatment room. The
blue classroom tends to be quieter as well. Also, the basement.

You didn't have to be there. And if you were in so much pain that you
couldn't act reasonably, you shouldn't have been at the Omni at all. You
are not entitled to the space. No one is so entitled to the space that they
get to be aggressive towards others, to the point that they feel physically
unsafe. Considering your history of physical violence against others in the
space, you really need to work on that.

This kind of exactly proves my point. Almost all of the button pushing and
aggressive behaviors you exhibit, you have an excuse for. Or your story
doesn't match up with everyone else's at all. It doesn't matter if you keep
"taking accountability" and apologizing. There's a point where that doesn't
matter because you're regularly hurting other people and not seeming to do
anything to modify those patterns of behavior.