[sudo-discuss] wtf is going on at sudo

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:57:59 PDT 2015

Brendan,

When you say "*I have to say that you've all done a commendable job of
excluding black women and men from the omni.*" makes me feel like why is he
saying that?

Of course, I am not living your life experience, I am trying to live my
own. And in my own experience I feel that your generalization is unfair for
folks from different ethnic backgrounds that try to make the Omni a safe
and communal space.

We have met a few times, perhaps you may remember me. The Latino-Hispanic
(whatever, I don't care) guy hanging out at the Sudoroom mostly.
I want to share that I have no felt excluded at Sudo or Omni, in fact I
felt welcomed and invited to share the space and activities, etc.

It occurs to me now that perhaps we should get together someday and talk
about it, perhaps I will see your perspective, and perhaps you get to see
my perspective and from there with good intention can try to do something
to improve this aspect.

Sincerely,

Daniel

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Brendan Reddy-Best <b.d.reddybest at gmail.com
> wrote:

> i have been spitting in rage for the last couple of days since the comment
>
> "just because she is black it is ok to be transphobic"  and the total lack
> of galvanization around this, but now that it's clear what's going on, I
> have to say that you've all done a commendable job of excluding black women
> and men from the omni.  No wonder i feel so miserable there all the time.
> maybe we can get some white activists doing something OTHER than excluding
> people of color from our "community" space?

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate