[sudo-discuss] Fwd: From VICE: working on documentary series

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:48:52 PDT 2015

Just to bring this full circle, Vice wrote up Bike Smut a few months back:
http://www.vice.com/read/bike-smut-is-the-festival-for-pedalphilic-bicycle-bangers-456

And Bike Smut founder Rev Phil issued a pretty nice takedown of the
"prurient" aspect of their story:
http://bikeporntour.blogspot.ca/2014/12/media-monday-vice-culture-blog-is-like.html

On the matter at hand...I'd say go for it! That's not really based on this
specific magazine. I would generally say, if the media is interested in
covering something about Sudo, it's probably a good idea to let 'em, and to
give 'em whatever info will help them do it well. Even if they get
something wrong, that creates an opportunity to correct the record, and to
help people understand what Sudo is about. And the exercise of working with
the media helps Sudo folk continually refine the story that helps people
make sense of it.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]