[sudo-discuss] Fwd: From VICE: working on documentary series

Phil Wolff pwolff at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:53:30 PDT 2015

Just a few small concerns.

Open vs. private space. Shall wepublicly post the visit with signs so
people who wish to stay off-camera and off-mic can steer clear?

Omni buy-in. When should our neighbors be given an option to say no or
impose limits on reporting? or to participate?

"Hackers." The investigation seems to be about criminal hackers, not Sudo's
flavor of hack-for-good. "I'm working on an
eight-part documentary series about computer security and hacking" Be wary
of Vice's conflating the two meanings. We're likely added to the story only
to contrast with underground criminal hacking. They may, however, attempt
to link us more closely to their main story so... caution.