[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Benefit Corporation?

Phil Wolff pwolff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:36:59 PST 2015

Many venues generate handsome profits. The question is how those proceeds
are distributed. If it's a private company, it's back to investors. If it's
an arts/culture NGO, then they are distributed according to their cause.
There's little reason not to form a .org that operates the ballroom to make
money. You could even put the Omni on the board of directors to govern
where the net proceeds go (building capital fund, ballroom improvements,
annual party, etc.). The better the team runs the venue (utilization *
rates, less costs), the more it could contribute back to the Omni Commons.

What other marketing programs could do a better job of conveying who we are
than having interested people coming to our ballroom each week?