[sudo-discuss] don't put my email address on the omni calendar

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Tue Nov 3 17:21:33 PST 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:27:45 -0800 (PST)
Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I don't know who posted this, but I am happy about everything except
> the fact that my email address is presented (in text with the @
> symbol and all) without my permission, on the open web:
>
> https://omnicommons.org/calendar/events/hardware-hack-night-2015-11-03/
>
> I don't know how to edit this calendar entry and remove or edit my
> email address.  Can someone remind me how to do it, or do it for me?

If you don't know that you have an account, then you probably don't
have one. I don't know who has accounts on the omnicommons.org site,
but it seems that Yar and Jenny have made the most recent edits to the
Omni wiki, so I bet one of them has access or knows who does. I've
added them to the To: of this thread in case they can help.

> Also I would like to know who posted this so i can make sure they
> understand that they should get my permission before posting my email
> address anywhere.

Best of luck keeping your email address a secret. BTW, it's also on the
public archives of this mailing list, in a barely redacted format
that's easily reversed ("jake at spaz.org"). See for example near the
very top of this page:
https://sudoroom.org/pipermail/sudo-discuss/2015-November/011369.html

It does seem problematic to me that there's no obvious general contact
method for "I have a general problem with the calendar or an event on
the calendar", so that could probably stand to be improved somehow.
--
Charley Sheets