[sudo-discuss] Fwd: [omni-helpdesk] How to Build Better Hacking Communities

Sadie Harmon sadieharmon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:05:28 PST 2015

This came through the helpdesk, FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy <cmtyresearch at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Subject: [omni-helpdesk] How to Build Better Hacking Communities
To: info at omnicommons.org

Hi Omni Commons,

We are running a *paid* research study and looking for people who are
active volunteers in the intersection between hardware/software (e.g. maker
communities, raspberry pi etc.) to talk to about their experiences as
volunteers in maker communities / fablab communities.

The study is for a large open source company and the goal is to understand
how to create better experiences for volunteer contributors in open source
and education focused, technology communities.

To take part it requires 1 hour of your time over a video call (skype or
similar). We will be able to reimburse you for your time with a $75 gift
certificate to Amazon.com. If interested, please fill out this short form:
http://goo.gl/forms/Y4chIu53pZ

We thought this might be of interest for contributors in your community and
where hoping you could help us spread the word by sharing to your
community. Your time would be greatly appreciated!

Don't forget to fill it out :)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13dl2QrtKN_sbHKjxQEkixDINeDjzNj3KxSZFDgs8TxU/viewform?usp=send_form

Best regards,
Andy