[sudo-discuss] Would someone be willing to help test my new App?

Autonomous autonomous666 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:52:27 PDT 2015

It's called "Forum Friends" - a mobile app for accessing and making posts
to internet forums.

Here is the link to install the beta version for Android:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.autonomous.forumfriends

A bit of history:
Internet forums are a grassroots alternative to mega corporate social media
sites and had their beginnings with dial-up bulletin boards in the days
before the internet came into existence. Today there are 10s of thousands
of internet forums with some having over 1.5 million registered users. And
there are now over a dozen good open source forum server platforms
including nodebb, a nodejs forum server.

Forum Friends is a multi-platform app written primarily in Javascript with
some Java and ObjectiveC code to support Android and IOS platforms. Forum
data is accessed and updated via a restful json api and data is cached
locally via indexeddb. The app also works with a nodejs server to securely
verify in-app purchases. The design enables many possibilities including
secure crypto messaging and pier-to-pier serverless message exchange over
private networks.

If someone would like to install it on their android phone or tablet and
take it for a spin, that would be great! Also, if there is a javascript
meetup this week I would like to attend.

Thanks,
Autonomous.

I attached a few screenshots.