[sudo-discuss] transportation hack group -> let's start one

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Tue Dec 27 07:44:53 PST 2016

https://sudoroom.org/hacking-a-tesla-at-hardware-hack-night/

Hey I stopped by sudoroom! and the hardware guys were hacking on a tesla.

We have people working at a bike collective too. we are all passionate
about trains, I think some sudoroom members have travelled cross country on
train as well. And we all know that we love BART and it needs all the help
it gets as it reaches epic overcrowding.

I'm going to start a SudoRoom transportation hack group! We can cross
fertilize at Noisebridge...

So there it is!

https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Movement

I started the Wiki. I'll have more time over break to help out.

Some thoughts:

   - I do not want to this to only be about ride share, although that's
   important. It'd be cool to have a communal, non-profit alternative to the
   current car sharing options out there.
   - Trains!!!!!
   - Cars - although I  don't know that much about cars, I have worked for
   a car company and have owned a car for the past ten years. I still don't
   know that much about cars! There is no such thing as a car mechanic
   collective the way there is a bike mechanic collective. Bike collectives
   often have a "get to know you bike night" and nothing of that kind exists
   for cars. The only time I've interacted with cars is at car dealerships and
   at work and at a mechanic. Until recently I've received little or no
   detailed data about my car, and its health until a start-up had one of its
   indie mechanics fill out a "Car report card" for me. I'd love to have
   something similar for us!

Rock on hope you are all enjoying your break!

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com