[sudo-discuss] Help Keep Sudo Room Alive!

Karissa McKelvey karissa.mckelvey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:23:18 PST 2016

[image: Inline image 1]
Sudo Room <https://sudoroom.org/>
*Creative community and hackerspace*

*Help Keep Sudo Room Alive*

Sudo Room is continuously short on rent, so any contributions will really
help! As a member, we suggest a monthly due of $60, and accept non-monetary
contributions such as delicious snacks brought to our Wednesday night
meetings.

We are on the collaborative hacker honor system. If you are doing well
monetarily, feel free to pitch in a bit more than $60 so that someone else
can pay less and still enjoy the hack. If you have any problems making a
recurring donation, please let substack or juul know in IRC (#sudoroom on
freenode) for a quick fix.

Sudo Room is very close to becoming an official non-profit. We're excited
to become a non-profit because it will mean that all donations to Sudo Room
will be retroactively tax-deductible with the IRS. However, we need to
raise $400 filing fee for our IRS 501(c)3 application. If you want to help
with this process in any way, please contact info at sudoroom.org.

DONATE NOW <https://sudoroom.org/donate/>

You can also help keep Sudo Room alive by reaching out to your workplace,
other organizations, philanthropists, and grant funders. These folks can
help bring in one-time donations or matching donations that really help!
Applying to grants is easier than you'd think, and anyone who would like to
will be supported in their efforts.

*Short on cash? Help with Stuff!*
Sudo room is seeking a boat-load of organizing tools--like clear bins,
shelving, label-makers, and other materials. If you have any of these
things, drop a note to info at sudoroom.org or sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org!
AND if you can donate $$$ to help purchase and pick up these supplies, it
would be a high return on your investment!

Thank you for everything.