[sudo-discuss] Friends of Goto to gather sat 1/9 @ 7pm

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:19:45 PST 2016

Hey all,

Please join me this Saturday 1/9 at 7pm at Omni Commons to share and
reflect on the untimely passing of a good friend. I'd really like to
discuss informally with others some ways to respond to this situation in
our community.

For anyone who had the privilege to meet Goto during his brief visits to
Omni Commons and Sudo Room this fall, I have some sad news:

On November 14th of 2015, Goto and another person were found off the 101 in
Richardson Grove near Garberville. They had been ejected from a car that
came off the highway heading North. The highway patrol was unable to
identify which of the two men were driving and no criminal charges were
pursued. Goto was found deceased on the scene, the other person was
seriously injured and transferred to a hospital.

According to the Humboldt County Coroner I spoke with, this second person
was in a coma and probably did not come out of it. The CHP was not willing
/ able to provide me with any contact information of this other person or
their family, and I have been unable to proceed further on this thread.

I was also informed by the Coroner that there was alcohol found in the
blood of both victims. The CHP reported alcohol was found in the car as
well.

It is certainly unclear what exactly happened, what precisely led to this
crash, but regardless, this is a very sad tragedy, and most importantly,
Goto will be sorely missed.

For those that did not know him, you are very welcome to join and learn
about a dear friend and comrade who has left us in body, but not in spirit.

Love and solidarity,
Matt Senate